Thursday, February 7, 2008

What's in a name?

Ambrocente? So, many of you may ask, hey where the heck does that name come from? Or you may say, What's Brian's Last name again? Well as some of you already know, Shelley and I have been in CA too long now and we decided to do things a little differently.

We talked and talked about what would we do with our child's last name since we both kept our birth names and both of us had created names for ourselves in our respected fields.

We did not want to doom our child with the longest last name in class by hyphenating Ambrosch Facente. We also couldn't figure out whose last name would win out if we just chose just one. We even played around with the idea of my changing my last name (Since most people know me by my stage name anyways - that's right, I am not really Brian Scott, sorry to destroy the illusion) but when we realized I would have the same exact name as her father, that was just plain weird.

So we did the only reasonable thing there was and just mashed our names together and created a new Last name. And in case you were wondering why my name went first in the mash, Fambrosch just doesnt sound as good.

There you have it, Brian Ambrosch + Shelley Facente = Cole "Chevy" Ambrocente - More on the Chevy at another time.

1 comment:

Rob Westergaard said...

At least your last names aren't "Dickenson" and "Moorehead"...