Sunday, November 1, 2009

I fed 'im to the fishes

Halloween is always a fun time in the Ambrocente household. Last year, Cole was really too small to understand what was going on (but he was, as always, a good sport for Mom and Dad's shenanigans). This year, he was still a bit young for any trick or treating, but he got into the spirit of our Halloween Party for sure.

I can't say he was amused when he woke up from his nap and a pirate came to get him instead of his good ol' mom. It took about 10 minutes before he'd even let me pick him up - he just stared at me like I'd lost my mind entirely. But then he warmed to my beard and things got better from there.

This year, our theme revolved around the water - one of Cole's favorite things lately. I was a pirate fisherman, Brian was the swamp thing I was trying to catch, and Cole was....well, he was bait. (We're good parents.) Word to the wise: costumes that attach mother to child are only a good idea if you're not planning on hosting a party with about 50 people in attendance.


This was our first Halloween in our new house, and our neighborhood really lived up to expectations - lots of neighbors getting into the Halloween spirit, plus more trick-or-treaters in one evening than in all the years we were in Oakland, combined! It was our turn to host the monthly neighborhood potluck, so we had lots of visitors who brought all sorts of delicious food (Cole's favorite was the eyeball cookies...thanks, Alysse! All I heard all afternoon was, "Eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes.....")

Hope you had a spooky, fun Halloween, too - wherever you are!

No comments: