Monday, January 19, 2009

This can't be good.

Today, I got a text from Shelley. "Wait until you see what your son did."

This can't be good. I knew that she was at the store, so I asked if we owed any money.

Her reply - "no" Followed by, "good thing he doesn't have a photo shoot anytime soon."

This is not what you want to hear.

When they got home, she had cleaned him up pretty well. I could barely see the mess anymore, so there is no picture to include. It turns out that her shopping list was written in a water-based blue ink that Cole had decided to eat while she was talking with the butcher. When she turned around his mouth and face was blue. I can only imagine what this looked like - my son the smurf. My first thought was of the comic The Amazing Jonathan, he does a really dirty bit with his assistant and the blue man group, see if you can youtube it and you will see what I am talking about. If you use your imagination I am sure you can figure out what the punch line is - I am a bad father for even thinking it.

Anyways, this is happening more often - as my dad says OSM's - and with his first steps truly now only days away (he is trying so hard) I have a feeling that there will be many stories to pass on soon. Let's just hope he doesn't find the cat's litter box anytime soon.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Papa Steph said...

Ah yes ... parenting is just about to begin for you two !