Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Who the hell is BOB?

OK, first of all I see we have not updated in a month - so sorry about that. This past month though has been crazy and there is so much to share, mainly our trip to Greece. There will be a post soon with pic's and stories, but we went with Shelley's parents so between all of us there are 1500 pic's to sort through (damn digital cameras). The short of it is that the cruise was a lot of fun, but once we got home a jet lag baby (this trip produced a 10 hour difference at one point) is not a fun thing to have to deal with. On top of that Shelley was sick for a week which made it even harder.

On the speech front Cole has started to say a few clear defined words. MOM - his first word, even after all of my prompts to say DAD first. He does say DAD, but not as much - I guess the boobs have a little bit of motivation for him to say mom more. And lastly, he says BOB - this is in fact his favorite word and we have no clue who or what bob is. We would say it was just babble - but he clearly says BOB and will repeat it over and over again and will parrot it back to you if you say BOB as if to confirm yes that is the way of Bob. We are just happy he is starting to form words.

Now the long awaited nose bubble. This is not nearly as exciting as the build up has made it out to be, but I said I would share and share I will. A few months ago Cole was a little congested (He had a snooty nose.) I don't know if he was getting a cold or if the teething was producing it (we have heard it does), but I do know that during one diaper change something happened that I wish I had a camera for. I guess just enough snoot had collected in just the right place that when he he took a deep breath and sighed he produced one of the most impressive bubbles I have ever seen and it came from his nose - the right nostril to be more specific. It grew to almost the size of his face and then remained there fully inflated for a good 5 seconds before it slowly deflated. It was a pretty cool looking site, but it was gone before I could even think of getting a camera, so you will just have to trust me on this when I say I wish you all get a chance to see a good nose bubble in your life.

Until next time.

No comments: